Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  May 11, 2013 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
be the first to hear them. thanks for joining us for this on the record special, held hostage, ten years of terror. good night. hello. i'm kim kimberly guilfoyle. it's 5:00 o'clock in new york city and thisro is "the five". so much for benefiting happened a long time ago. white house spokesman jay carney postponed his briefing three hours as he held a background discussion with the press corp. trying to spin their handling of the aftermath of the 9-11 attack in libya. two days ago we heard explosive capitol hills testimony from three state department whistle blowers and today abc's jonathan karl obtained 12 different edits to talking points that were theg basis of the administration's misleading message after four americans were killed by muslim
2:01 pm
terrorists. what were theli edits about? hardly about scrubbing the facts that al-qaeda affiliated group was responsible. why were they made? perhaps to protect president obama who was up for reelection. carney and the white house have reason to sweat. here is carney's original explanation about edits to the talking points. >> the white house and state department have made clear that single adjustment that was made to those talk points by either those -- of these two institution were changing the word consulate to diplomatic facility because consulate wasec inaccurate. >> and here is what he said today. >> the white house as iin said, made one minor change to thein talking points drafted by and produced by the c.i.a. and even prior to that made very few -- had very few inputs on it. the other discussions that went on prior to this, in an interagency process rehe flected the concerns of a variety of agencies who had a stake in this
2:02 pm
issue. >> our friend dana perino joins us by phone. your thoughts onrl the developments in the briefing today? >> hi, greg. quite a day. reminded me a little bit of what it was like to be in the white house briefing room in particular, the u.s. attorney scandal. but i don't ever remember being under the gun like jay carney was today. they would like to think that this briefing today will just solve everything and everyone will continue to move on and w pretend that benghazi never happened. however, i do think that the hearing, the coverage, theti additional information built on this steve hayes report from the "weekly standard" builds upon by jonathan karl of abc news who found there were 12 interiorai agencies. two things that remain to be
2:03 pm
answered, although there are others, b but first is one of te things the white house says today is that they did not want to speculate early on, except that they speculated and blamed the youtube video when it didn'e have to do with the youtube video. southers curious. the second thing is if the white house only had unsubstantial and stylistic changes to the talking points, it is puzzling that there would be 12 iterations, plus i think we need an answer on this: why would the c.i.a. revise its own talking points that it had sent over before which completely changed the facts of the original talking points that they had sent on the friday afternoon? i think there are a lot more questions that they're going to have to answer. the reason theyoi probably had that background briefing which made some reporters mad, usually if you do anything like that, it's to help educate the reporters of matters before handled. since most of the reporters benghazi,n covering
2:04 pm
maybe they needed that background briefing. >> nice point. eric,ov what do you think? disaster tore them? >> very importantly. the first sound bite you rolled, jay carney said, we changed one point. can i hold this up? he said he changed consulate to diplomatic facilities. but importantly, he said, the white house and the state t department made one change. this is what they said they did. this ist what we found out they did. look at that. not onehi word, but 147 words is what they eliminated. it wasn't one thing. >> it's notten edit. it's massacre. >> jay carney doubled down again today and said the white house made the change, but another time in that press conference, he said the white house and the made oneartment change. it's an abject lie and frankly sick of the political leaps thinking we're dumb enough to buy into this bs. they are lying to the american people. they made a lot of changes directly from victoria nuland who was hillary clinton's spokesperson at the state
2:05 pm
department. >> all right, andrea?n >> yeah. a couple things jumpedhe out ate and how many times can jays carney blame republicans? i have never seen him squirm like this and when you're squirming, just give the facts, jay. stop pointing it at republicans and i think that aggravated the media even also he threw the c.i.a. squarely under the bus yet c again, terrible, terrible to throw the intelligence community under the bus. the nonpartisan intelligenceel community e. also kept pointing to this arb investigation mentioning it's under investigation, under investigation. who put together that investigative team? hillary clinton. they never interviewed hillary theton as part of investigation. so there needs to be more hearings. trey gowdy says there are at least two more whistle blowers and i have a list of people, by the way, quickly, these are the people that need to be brought up to capitol hill. we've got pictures of them. clinton for obvious reasons. susan rice for obvious reasons.c victoria nuland, the one who changing the talking point who says my building's leadership is not satisfied and congress will
2:06 pm
use this al-qaeda information against us.hi also on the right, sheryl mills is a fierce defender of the clintons since 92. she punished hicks and demoted him and wanted to muzzle him. beth jones was the one who knew it was al-qaeda and omitted that from the talking points as well. general petraeus, who was frustrated and voiced as much in an e-mail said why are you editing my talking points? we gave you the right information. carney, who lied from the inset and said these talk points were from the intelligence community and ben rhodes, the one who responded to victoria nuland's concerns said they were valid and said they would be resolved. the next day, new messages went right to susan rice. those are the peopleay that need to be graduate brought to the hill. >> greg, your picture is absent from that line - up. i know you've been doing the investigation about who pushed the video. >> that is true. just a few points, dismissing a cover-up while having an off the record discussion or briefing r about a cover-up is like denying
2:07 pm
you have a drinking problem by doing shots of tequila. the scandal condom has burst ang carney got soaked. 12 versions of talking points, that's not a memo, that's a harlem shake. more m versions than you can count. jay carney actual lea used to be a reporter. the transformation from trutht seeker to a truth hider is stunning and makes a sex change look like a hair cut and when you obsess over a memo that much, it's like lady mcbeth o washing her hands. it tells you that there is something wrong and it's not going away. >> i'm seriously traumatized byh that commentary. so juan, say something nice. >> something nice? >> what can they do to clean this up? >> i think from the start they made mistakes and i think transparency is called for here. i couldn't agree with greg more. if you're behind the doors now having private conferences, it sure looks like something is upn why do you have to have off the record briefings? i think this week things
2:08 pm
changed. the media, especially main stream media, picked up this storm, jonathan carl, i'm still of the opinion, talk about all thesee people, you got like wanted people, let them come and testify. there have been 20 hearings already. there have been thousandse of pages outline -- >> juan, juan -- >> let me o finish. come on. i'm just saying there have been thousands of pages, lots of hearings. hillary clinton has been on thei hill. you know what? let them come back but there is still no evidence that anybody i lied about anything. >> of course there e is. >> we got to get this mother of benghazi victim in. sean smith's mom, listen to what she hadot to say about what she expected to hear from secretary of state hillary clinton and the president. >> what did you want secretary of state clinton and the president to do? >> ipr wanted somebody to tell e why this was done. i wanted to know why there was w no security there when it was asked for. ithe was begged. they begged them.
2:09 pm
how come somebody has not owned up to their decisions? i'm so afraid, so very afraid that other people that are serving our country are going to be treated the same way. >> eric, a quick comment then dana. >> quickly, here is the accountability research -- i'm sorry, review board. >> i don't think i can read it. >> 39 pages. it blames security. doesn't once blame the terrorist attack and part of the problem is it doesn't interview hillary clinton. it also doesn't interview gregory hicks, the number one in charge when ambassador stevens went down. how was this document any good now? how is this -- they relied a lot of the testimony on this document. it's useless. honestly, pickerring and mullen, they should be shamed of the document they put together. >> you're saying pickerring and mullen and petraeus and all of guys?bad >> i didn't put petraeus in
2:10 pm
there, juan, you did. >> these are people of great reputation. >> why didn't they interview hillary clinton? >> hillary clinton didn't have anythingil to say about securit. you think hillary clinton -- >> someone had to give the stand down order. >> that's the cover-up here. >> i'm listening to you and i'm thinking, people got fired on the basis of this report. >> and it's a garbage report. >> but maybe not the right people. maybe additional people should permanently. dana? >> well, a couple of t things. we talked yesterday about the two different time lines. there is the political talking point one where the state department spokesperson says this is going to look bad for us. we needt to make some changes, and then apparently somebody does their bidding. so i had a great job as press secretary. but i wasn't that powerful. in communications, you don't do anything likeng whale sale changing -- whole sail changingt unless someone in your leadership, like she refers to
2:11 pm
in your leadership, someone in her leadership was telling her to make the changes. and then on saturday morning, the white house meets, they get together, so there is all of that time line 'til they get to the youobvious video and use that for several days and now try to sweep it under the rug. the second time line is on the actually what happened that night and from a learning perspective, i know theyfr wanto focus on theg future. but we actually have to understand what happened that night in order to bewe able to move on. if i were the reporters that have been covering this diligently, there is no rush. n just keep on picking away and trying to get the information. if i werend the white house, i it all out there very plain for everybody to see or else they're going to bee dealing with this every single day for the foreseeable future. >> all right. let's take a quick listen to obama on the daily show. this is back from october referring to benghazi. >> as i said during the debate, nobody is more interested in figuring this out than i am and what i have always tried to do is make sure that we get all the
2:12 pm
facts, figure out what went wrong, and make sure it doesn't happen again. we're still in that process now. but everything that -- every piece of information that we get as we got it, we laid it out for the american people. >> whoopsie. >> yeah. i think the administration thought that they could ride this outi like a 24-hour fluhi burks it's turned into mull blown pneumonia. i don't think this is an illegal type of corruption. it's a corruption of reason, a corruption of will and a corruption of truth, pushing the video made more sense to them because m the underlying logic s that america is to blame rather than some kind of a terror group. notr since i think ben affleck tried to debate bill o'reilly that a ben hasn't based the left so much as >> wow, did you prepare that before the show? >> no, it just came off the top of my head.
2:13 pm
>> what the mom said about security for her son, that's a piece that wasn't really discussed at the press briefing today. it's a huge area of imcompetence and actually ensnares the president. it's a name we haven't brought up until just now. this consulate was attacked by terrorists in weeks leadinghat t was also attacked months before. the british embassy was attacked. the brits moved their people out. a hole was blown through the wall of that consulate large enough for 40 men to walk through. there were direct pleas forgh me security by ambassador stevens. the president is notified immediately of those attacks. why wasn't something done? why weren'tom they pulled out at least of benghazi or why wasn'tr additional security sent? that's the question that even the "new york times" is asking today. >> but there is an answer to that question. >> what is that? is that going to be they cut the funding line? >> absolutely. >> absolutely not true. >> charlene lamb was asked about that -- >> let me just tell you something. >> juan, that's not true.
2:14 pm
>> the funding was cut and notue only was it cut, it was cut and republicans refused to put the money back for the state department -- >> that was clearedro up at a hearing by -- >> it's the truth. >> juan, c it doesn't matter ab. funding. >> oh, now it doesn't matter. >> hold on. one at a time. >> if you have an american pinned down, you're going to send help, are you not, juan? or should we say, let's cut offc the $2 billion we're going to send to pakistan and send f-16s because it's the same pool of money, right? >> i'm just saying it's money for security. what i andrea was asking about s security. you're asking about sending people from tripoli to benghazie >> why wouldn't the president say something? i'm going to move money around, i am the president of the united states. >> you think the president now is handlingre security? >> now he doesn't have theow power? >> no, i didn't say that. i just think you think secretary clinton and president obama are the ones in charge consider -- did she. >> you'reec >> and he's got a aka, commander
2:15 pm
in chief. >> i think andrea hit on something i want to build upon, which is one of the things the white house that you have to don for ain president is provide thm full informations because they are the decider. they decide what information -- not in detail, but if this full accounting was provided to the president, who provided that to him?? is the president confident that he got the right information in a comprehensive set of information before he went out to blame the youtube video for several days? before hise representatives blamed the videos for several days? who told the president that? and if the president was comfortable with that, that's another question because he went out and repeated somethingn that the c.i.a. initially said was not i the case. and that's very serious. >> he was briefed one hour after the attack started. he was briefed by panetta and joe biden was inas the room at e time. >> all right. that's a wrap.nd i think it's a perfect place.ha dana, thank you for joining us on this friday. birthdayu have a nice weekend. >> thanks.
2:16 pm
>> coming up,ice the "new york times" says republicans are obsessed with benghazi. but is it actually obama's apologist in the media who are obsessed with protecting the president? later, the irs l targets the tea party for audits and then apologize. but is that enough? stay with us. lots to get to this hour then they apologize. lots to get to. stay with us. ♪ ♪ ♪ the capital one cash rewards card gives you 1% cash back on all purchases plus a 50% annual bonus. and everyone wants... ♪ 50% more doo wop ♪ 50% more buckarooooooooos ♪ 50% more yeeeaaahhhh!!!! ♪ 50% more yeah yeah [ male announcer ] the capital one cash rewards card gives you 1% cash back on every purchase, plus a 50% annual bonus on the cash you earn. it's the card for people who like more cash. ♪ 50% more boogie
2:17 pm
♪ what's in your wallet? cashhhhh!!! over any other carrier? many choose us because we have the largest 4glte network. others, because of our reputation for reliability. or maybe it's because we've received jd power and associates' customer service award 4x in a row. in the end, there are countless reasons. but one choi.
2:18 pm
2:19 pm
2:20 pm
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ . >> you know there is a cover-up of a cover-up when investigation
2:21 pm
is called a witch hunt. the "new york times" editorial board, more like president obama's dog than beau calls benghazi a republican obsession saying common sense and good judgment have long given way to conspiracy mongering and a relentless effort to discredit president obama and former secretary of state hillary clinton. so they aligned to protect their prince. and thus c avoid the most obvios point, who pushed the damn video, it's the only question that t scares them. you know they're scared when they ask you to move on. nothing to see here folks, as the times notes. the real scandal is that serious follow-up on security in libya is going unaddressed. actually no. the real scandal is who pushed the damn video? since you can't p answer that without heads rolling, better to pretend you care about securityi of a consulate whose initial pillaging left you cold because you're guy was in charge. you're going to tell me, mr. editorial board, that you wouldn't g call for blood if itt were president romney?wa remember your big stink about his tax returns?
2:22 pm
this is now become a school yard pick up game. the media picks sides, cbs is on one side, msnbc jon stewart the times on the other. and we're the underdogs. the rebels, the hoosiers. it's rocky.s it's bad news bears. it's boos some buddies. but why does it have to be in grow up and do your job, media. fox news really is the vanguard and the first to land and soften up the ground so everyone else can come in and do their jobs. it's a shame jon stewart is in the rear with the gear. >> interesting. >> canoh i -- >> i want to ask juan a question. isn't a the media complicit in a cover-up of a cover-up and if you deny it, aren't you covering up the cover-up of the cover-up? and by saying no to that, aren't you covering up the cover upof the cover-up of the cover-up? >> perry mason! >> i'm guilty! get the shackles. you know what? this is an amazing moment on
2:23 pm
"the five." >> it is? >> i think i agree with you. >> there you go. >> i'm serious. i think the media -- >> you've done that twice today. >> it must be the drink. polling has an affect on me. i think the media should havee. been on this story earlier and i think the transparency is -- you got to demand that they produce the documents, give youce everything up front. i understand that you're dealing with the c.i.a., you're dealing with defense intelligence, okay. but at some point given that there were the deaths involved,y i think the media has the responsibility to go hard at this story, to be an absolute pit bull. you talk about a watchdog, be a pit bull because you know what? i disagree with my colleagues here. i don't think there is anybody prven to be involved in lies and conspiracies. but the media, wow. why aren't you out there pursuing the damn story? >> weigh. >> wait a minute, if you just said why wouldn't they pursue the lies lies and conspiracy? >> if you show it to me, if you. show me evidence, great. but there is no evidence.
2:24 pm
>> how can you say that? there is so much evidence. >> i don't see any. >> what about thee edit? >> blaming the video. >> that's not a lie. >> it absolutely is a lie to stand there in front of the casket and blame a l video. that's a cover for obama. hiding who gave the stand down order is a cover for hillary clinton. can i just point out something? your full screen. you put cbs and nbc on our side. i don't buy that. maybe on this one instance. but normally they are always on the other side. >> of course. >> fox is ony one side. >> benghazi, there. >> he need the glasses. >> i want to roll some tape from the press conference. >> let's see the media come into play. >> that is not a single adjustment as you said back inju november. thatu is a major, dramatic change -- >> it seems like there is fuel
2:25 pm
added to the fire if this is a minor issue. >> those subjects were taken out of the c.i.a. talking points at theak direction of the whitent house. >> is the president satisfied with the way the administration handled this? >> seemed clear that there was an influence by the white house. >> my question is this: why did it take months later a story bym jonathan carl for them to behave like this? i do think they were pretty angry based on that private meeting that carney had. and this has vindicated fox news and the excellent reporting i just want to point out, james rosen, catherine herridge, jennifer griffin, adam housley, bret baier, steven hayes, the a team, they followed their lead. >> last word? >> i was just going to say the "new york times" is a liberal media become the propaganda arm of this administration. >> don't go yet. your question. what took so long? joe scarborough did it for us, that fake republican said if the
2:26 pm
far right didn't overplay their hand, we would have covered it. what the hell does that mean? >> i'll tell what you it means. he politicized these things. when you politicize things, in fact, you inter-- you gave the media an outav because they sai, this is just a political fight in the middle of a campaign. >> got to wrap this thing up. >> you got a face from her. >> kimberly, am i going to have to come over there? has hillary clinton hurt herov chances at the white house because of her role in the c benghazi scandal? that debate when "the five" returns ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ i don't like to golf.
2:27 pm
i love to golf. ♪ [ grunts ] yowza! that's why i eat belvita abreakfast.
2:28 pm
it's made with delicious ingredients and carefully baked to release steady energy that lasts... we are golfing now, buddy! [ grunts ] ...all morning long. i got it! for the win! u mas! getting closer! belvita breakfast biscuits -- steady energy to do what i do all morning long. the wright brothers became the first in flight. [ goodall ] i think the most amazing thing is how like us these chimpanzees are. [ laughing ] [ woman ] can you hear me? and you hear your voice? oh, it's exciting! [ man ] touchdown confirmed. we're safe on mars. [ cheers and applause ] ♪ hi. [ baby fussing ] ♪
2:29 pm
2:30 pm
♪ ♪ ♪
2:31 pm
♪ . >> if hillary clinton runs in 2016, she's going to have a hard time proving she can get thatun wake-up call at 3:00 a.m. and answer the phone. yesterday i showed you my version of an ad that any 2016 hillary competitor should run. >> it's 3:00 a.m. and your children are safe and asleep. who do you want answering the phone? >> i'm hillary clinton. and i approve this message. >> what difference at this point does it make? >> today the super pac run by karl rove released their version.d go. >> a 22 year diplomatic veteran intimidated for daring to blow the whistle. while under hillary clinton's watch. how could this happen? why did she blame a video? was she part of a cover-up? >> was it because of a protest or because of guys out for a walk one night and decided they would go kill some americans? what difference at this point does it make?
2:32 pm
>> the difference is a cover-up andns four american lives that deserve the truth. >> similarly themed ads, around the table, can she recover from all this? >> if anybody can, aan clinton can. somehow they seem to be impenetratable. they get up and run and do the sprint. i don't know what to tell you. no one should recover from this. so the question is is she presidential material? does she deserve to be president in 2016?ited states did she handle this right? was she transparent? did she honor the lives of those fallen by being transparent and answering the question? >> mr. juan, she said what difference does it make. president clinton steddy not d have sex with that woman of the he recovered. >> first of all, you listen tot hicks who testified earlier this week, he said he had a very good phone conversation with hillary clinton in the middle of the night at the time of the attack. so i don't know about puttingli her down. the second thing is, i think
2:33 pm
hillary clinton has no trouble with her base when it comes ton benghazi.. the question would be the larger audience. the last time she was up on the hill, who came away with their tail between their legs? the republicans. >> juan, you and i see things so, so differently. i think this falls right at hero doorstep and you referenced the phone call that she had with gregory p hicks. hicks told her, it is a terrorist attack. it went right to her doorstep. why didn't she do somethingid about it? look, she should have been finished a long time ago withd the rose law firm. you can go back and look t at al the scandals that this woman has survived. but i will sayt she's got people everywhere, including virginia moseley who's p cnn deputy bureu chief is married to the deputy secretary of state. so these m relationships betweey the media, between clinton people are pretty vast and deep. so they will protect her if she run. >> tangled web. >> how do you know when hillaryd is lying? bill's lips are moving.
2:34 pm
i'm not that interested in the political ram if i cautions ofns this story -- ramifications of this story yet. even if the intent of these ads are correct. i'm more interested in the story now because i think the more yoe talk about the politics of it, it tends to soil the story. the idea of who pushed this video andho what actually happed should be the samey whether it's a republican president or a democratic administration, so the politics doesn't bother me. i don't know. it doesn't interest me yet. >> when you have dick cheney come out and say, oh, yeah, get hillary clinton, you just bringn more poll politics in. >> the whole case of instance slating her is because she wants too be president. >> she wants to be in charge of the i country. >> we're going to leave it will. the irs admits to targeting conservatives during the 2012 election. but they apologized for it.
2:35 pm
is congress now vowing to investigate? thet details next on "the five" [ male announcer ] this is kevin. to prove to you that aleve is the better choice for him, he's agreed to give it up. that's today? [ male announcer ] we'll be with him all day as he goes back to taking tylenol. that was okay, but after lunch my knee started to hurt again, and now i gotta take more pills. ♪ yup another pill stop. can i get my aleve back yet? ♪
2:36 pm
for my pain, i want my aleve. ♪ [ male announcer ] this may, buy aleve and help those in need.
2:37 pm
to get our adt security system. and one really big reason -- the house next door. our neighbor's house was broken into. luckily, her family wasn't there, but what if this happened here? what if our girls were home? and since we can't monitor everything 24/7, we got someone who could. adt. [ male announcer ] while some companies are new to home security, adt has been helping to save lis for over 135 years. we have more monitoring centers, more of tomorrow's technology right here today, and more value. 24/7 monitoring against burglary, fire, and high levels of carbon monoxide starting at just over $1 a day. and now get adt installed for just $99. isn't your family worth america's number-on security company, adt? our girls got us thinking, but the break-in got us calling. and aftebuying two of everything, it was nice to only nd one security sysm -- adt. [ male announcer ] get adt installed for just $99.
2:38 pm
and ask about adt pulse, advanced home management here today. adt. always there.
2:39 pm
note. ♪ ♪ ♪ . >> a damning admission from the irs today. the agency has just admit that had it unfairly targeted conservative political groups during the 2012 election. here is onese of its officials, lois learner. >> they used names like tea party, or patriots. and they selected cases simply because a the application had those names in the title. that was wrong. that was w absolutely incorrect. it i was insensitive andou inappropriate. that's now how we select cases for further review. we select them because they neee further review. not because they have a n particular name. p >> unbelievable. tea party groups were singled out andcu audited if they had ta party or patriot in their names
2:40 pm
specifically, greg, during the 2012 n election. this story is huge. >> i think it's pretty big. you always know a big story when the "new york times" and everybody else mocks it. and these guys were mocking the tea partiers, just like benghazi was mocked. you learn a, you can not trust the main stream media on stories like this. you got to look to fnc or breitbart or the blaze, but this was. mocked. and now it's real. that's aow big deal. thatt rhymes. >> there is going to bea an investigation, eric. but the irs wouldn't have done something like this on its own.e it's not just one staffer doing this. you think there is more to this story much like benghazi? >> no idea. something that's important, it's not disturbing that they targeted the tea it's disturbing that they targeted anybody. they shouldn't be doing that. they should go on the merits of each individual return. tax exempt status is supposed to for the social good, social education. i'm wondering if the media matters got the same examination that the tea party got.
2:41 pm
i doubt it.. >> kimberly, they apologized. the tea party is not accepting the apology because thisar is a big deal. also they asked for their list of donors, which violates irs policy in most cases and as i see it, this is illegal. >> it's illegal, completely. the fact of the matter is it should be getting a ton of press coverage right now because the fact that they would isolate out certain americans and groups based on their political beliefs is unconscionable. that's the problem with what country are we living in that this is just so blatant and obvious and then as my little boy would say, sometimes sorry isn't good enough. they want to say sorry? it's not okay. >> what do you do to your son? >> during the jay carney press conference -- >> who took this peanut butter. >> juan? focus. we're on television. during the carney press conference, he was gettingss hammered on benghazi. about the irs.on
2:42 pm
he actually looked relieved to answer a question on this story. but juan,n i think this is just astu bad. no one died, but this is a huge deal. >> this is a hugene d deal. what do you mean? anyway, wel. disagree on bengha. but on this, you got a situation where do you not want the government targeting people because of their politics. a lot of the tea party stuffot comes from people who use letters, mail order letters to fund raise. that's a -- some of that stuff can get very uneasy. but what we know because remember, this is an admission from the irs, is that they are look for people with tea partyeo in the name, patriots in the name. that's a politicalri agenda. >> you know what that's called? >> tell me. >> profiling. >> wait a minute. you're against profiling right? >> i'm trial for profiling. >> they use it in the department of homeland security had targeted right wing groups and now the irs is doing it. 300 groups were targeted and they were singled out because of their name.
2:43 pm
it should make everybody i thine very nervous because the irs is going to be handling obamacare. doesn't that make youus feel go? >> no, i feel terrible about it. i think they think hi name is kimberly tea party guilfoyle.ab ahead, jail house confessions from the monster who allegedly raped and kidnapped the three women in the details of what he's admitting to investigators. that when we come back admittino investigators. that when we come back. ♪ ♪ ♪ with the spark miles card from capital one, bjorn earns unlimited rewas for his small business take theseags to room 12 please. [ garth ] bjors small busiss earns double miles on every purchase every day. produce delivery. [ bjorn ] just put it on my spark card. [ garth why settle for less? ahh, oh! [ garth ] great businesses deserve limited reward here's your wake up call. [ male announcer ] get the spark business card from capital one and earn unlimited rewards. choose double miles or 2% cash back on every purchase every day. what's in your wallet? [ crows ] now where's the snooze button?
2:44 pm
accomplishing even little things can become major victories. i'm phil mickelson, pro golfer. when i was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis, my rheumatologist prescribed enbrel for my pain and stiffness, and to help stop joint damage. [ male announcer ] enbrel may lower your ability to fight infections. serious, sometimes fatal events including infections, tuberculosis, lymphoma, other cancers, nervous system and blood disorders, and allergic reactions have occurred. before starting enbrel, your doctor should test you for tuberculosis and discuss whether you've been to a region where certain fungal infections are common. you should not start enbrel if you have an infection like the flu. tell your doct if you're prone to infections, have cuts or sores, have had hepatitis b, have been treated for heart failure, or if you have symptoms such as persistent fever, bruising, bleeding, or palens. nce enbrel helped relieve my joint pain, it's the little things that mean the most. ask your rheumatologist if enbrel is right for you. [ doctor ] enbrel, the number one biologic medicine prescribed by rheumatologists.
2:45 pm
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ . >> ariel castro, the monster who allegedly kidnapped and raped three women for a decade has been talking to interrogators and local reports say he doesn't have any remorse. he's described himself as cold blooded andrs a sex addict. prosecutors are going to seek the death penaltyte apparently againstng him. they can charge him with aggravated murder for the h pregnancies that were terminated because he beat these women. this, to me, is -- this is like a horror movie. you can't believe that this really happened. andrea, do you think that, in fact, they should go after him for the fact that he forced these women -- in graphic terms in like a bloody pool to abort?
2:48 pm
>> i do. i think they should pursue the death penalty. i mean, little babies and the way that he terminated himself was through, as you point out, beating these women after he raped them repeatedly. this stuff is so hard to read.s it's a sick story all around. but i think the level, juan, which you point out, the beatings, the rape, the kidnappings, and then five pregnancies terminated, all point to -- i don't see how they avoid giving him the death penalty. >> you know one of the interesting things isg according to the news stories out of cleveland,cc he blamed the girl. he says they are to blame for having gotten in the cars. greg? >> yeah. that's why everybody should stop listening to him when he talks about how he has these impulses and he's got a sex problem. we don't care. i think theye should pass alaw that allows abortions up to 52 years old for guys like castro that he believes to be gosnelled, in the cruelist most imaginable way possible. >> eric, what do you think about this as a defense?
2:49 pm
he was abused as a child and therefore, he now playing this out in his adulthood. he says when the cops came by at some point, i think back in 04,2 he's a school bus driver action he left the child in the bus. he said anything that hangs give myth money to these -- wait a t second. is that a good defense? >> the whole point of this is that he left a note, could be a suicide note or apology note from 2004, nine years ago. i mean, it just looks like he -- whenever he got caught, he was going to try and make it a little bit better. >> let's ask the lawyer in the house. >> that can be used against him in a court of law because that's an admission. handwriting, they can authenticate it. they're going to file a death penalty case against him. this is whatnc we talked aboutn even back in the wednesday onke the show. and this is no surprise. the initial reports are coming out from the f.b.i. that this
2:50 pm
was exactly what was going on there. this was systematic what he was doing. the good news is the law in ohio is not going to allow this. the law is not going to protect ariel castro. that's the important point here and other states should have these laws on the books where 20 weeks, viability, et cetera, all this is going to factor into thg prosecution here because i think it's a shame that in this country, you can't get the death penalty for repeatedly sexually abusing and raping and torturing children. can you believe that? >> is there a distinction to be> made between bringing the deathi penalty because of these forced abortions as opposed to having kidnapped and tortured these women? >> they were children at the time. they were still under the age of 18. so that's mybe point. we shoulde. change the law. >> eliminate the abortion point -- >> i do believe that. having done these case, it's horrific. these guys are reside advices and they can't stop.
2:51 pm
when they have g one, usually ty kill these children and move on to the c next. he said iy have -- i felt like i needed another. >> if i were a prison guard, i would always volunteer for the suicide watch and i would suck. i would be leaving rope around jodi arias' cell. i'd be leaving knives around this castro place. and they'd be like whoops. >> you would be as good as the security around benghazi. >> ia dropped the meat cleaver, oops. i already volunteered. i'm waiting bit phone. >> i don't think there is any sympathy in any corner for this monstrous guy. anyway. up with more thing coming up next. hang withp us ♪ ♪ ♪
2:52 pm
[ male announcer ] start with a dodge dart. now give it a "tiger shark" engine and 41 mpg. good. now add some of this. and that. definitely him. and her. a little more of her. perfect. time out. how we doin? [ car accelerating ] okay, let's take it up a notch. give it a heap of this, one of those and that. got anything with grappling hooks and a plane? [ explosions ] yeah, that'll work. ♪
2:53 pm
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ . >> time now for one more thing. take it around the table. juan? >> well, from bangladesh comes the story of amazing grace. o
2:56 pm
a woman was trapped in that building, clothing building and 17 days later from the basemente the workers see a pipe moving and decide to plunge in and there they find the woman, 85% humidity, 15 days eating dry biscuits and alive. just unbelievable. out.s her being pulled response frome the workers. they know they've seenpo a momet of grace in their lives. >> wow. that isir unbelievable. >> wow. >> always carry food with you. >> nice having you on. you went out with a bang. >> that's a good moment. >> and tremendous focus. eric? >> okay. so sunday is mother's day. happy mother's day to alt moms out there. current and potentially future. >> what about me? >> you want to be. >> he pointed at me! [ laughterht ] >> a special shout out to all the moms who are fighting breast
2:57 pm
cancer. here is a picture from my wife who is with our neighbor across the street, mindy, five years cancer free, fighting breast cancer y winning. good job to everyone and a t special happy mother's day to, again, all the moms and ones who are fighting cancer. >> god bless. >> or the potential mothers tha. he pointed to. >> yeah. you can't wish a potential mother mother's day, can you? >> why not? >> that's how rumors get started. >> okay. we were going to talk about this earlier, and we didn't have enough time. chris christie, a lot of people have some reaction to his recent remarks about what kind of republican he is. take a listen. >> i'll worry about the presidency if and when i ever decide to run for it. but if you're saying to me, how do i feel as a republican? i'm a damn good republican. and a good conservative republican who believes in things dep that i believe in, bt that does not mean that i would ever put party before my state or party before my country. >> all right, chris christie has co under fire for hugging the
2:58 pm
president. but i do have to say, he is a a good republican in a blue state. we can not keep destroying our blue state governors, our republicans or we won't have any left. by the way, he put his property tax cap, entitlement reform, pension reform, balanced budget and vetoes all these bills that the democrats put on his desk. 's good republican. >> can i tell you about the next few days of your life? all your twitter fans are going to take you apart the way they love to do. >> listen, i know new jersey inside and out and i'm telling you, you agree, right? he's done a great job. >> school vouchers. takes on those unions. >> question get rid of that smell in newark? you know when you're driving down. >> here we go. you can't do that. sewage plant. >> that's like when you and i do to the gasom station and inhale. [ laughter ] >> oh, boy. >> oh, me? >> what do you have? >> new red eye saturday night, 11:00 p.m. east coast. tucker carlson, and others, it will be a good show.
2:59 pm
that's a strange picture of me. >> who is that guy? >> i have notr idea. >> that's so photo shopped. >> an alien version of me.m and i'm on o'reilley tonight. >> bragger. >> haven't you written a best selling book in just checking. >> i have a special one moregh thing tonight and it's about the steven gainer school in the upper west side of maintain. some fantastic children at that school. and they have a humane education program that their school counselor, kimberly runs. they heard aboutt a little dog, misty, abused and used as bait for fighting dog, pit bulls and herin vet bills were quite tremendous. second chance rescue was wondering how they would pay the bills. the kids didge a bake sale on te 71st and columbus and raised $800 and now misty is doing fantastic and she visited theti kids and it was a nice thing to show what you can do when you give back. i a love little kids stories. w >> that's nice.c >> yeah. >> well done. >> i like baking stories. >> okay. before we ruin everything,
3:00 pm
that's it for us. thank you for watching. have a great weekend, everyone. happy mother's day. "special report" is next. happy mother's day! >> rick: hello, everybody. welcome it a brand-new hour inside america's news headquarters. i'm rick folbaum. >> arthel: i'm arthel neville of the topping the news, benghazi fallout, the growing backlash against the obama administration. new e-mails reveal the initial talking points about the attack were purposely altered to remove any references to al-qaeda. >> rick: also today, president obama reportedly trying to sell thousands of graduates who are getting out of school on the benefits of his health care law. what does it say about the health of the president's signature legislation? >> arthel: also, astronauts at


info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on